Treat your Man to a Close Shave this Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day is fast approaching and if you're like me and have no idea what to buy your other half then let me help with a few ideas. Every man has to shave so why not treat them to a new shaver? I've been trying out, well I say I but actually Daddy, has been trying out some new shavers for you this week. We have two different ones for you, the Gillette Fusion Proshield Chill for a low budget gift and the Braun Series 3 for a higher priced gift. Both would make the perfect Valentine's Day gift depending on how much you want to spend.
The Fusion Proshield Chill Razor with Flexball technology is Gillette's most advanced cartridge yet; Fusion ProShield lubrication BEFORE and after the blades helps to shield whilst you shave. Plus, Chill features Cooling Technology during the shave.
The FlexBall Technology makes maximum contact over contours. Features include:
• ProShield Lubrication BEFORE and after the blades shields from irritation while you shave
• FlexBall Technology that responds to contours and gets virtually every hair
• 5 precision blades provide less tug and pull for incredible comfort**
• Precision Trimmer on back for accurate edging
• Blades fit all Fusion and ProGlide handles
Daddy liked the good grip handle which makes it easier to hold and the cooling strips which make the shave much more comfortable. He loved the 5 blades that gave a nice smooth shave and the rollerball which allowed the razor to reach those hard to reach places. For the price of £12 it's a great gift for those who don't want to spend to much but want to show they care. You get a great shaver for the money and we both think it's worth every penny.
The Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040s Rechargeable Wet&Dry Electric Shaver in blue is a real beauty. The Braun Series 3 ProSkin rechargeable electric foil shaver/razor provides faster shaving with great skin comfort. The 3 pressure-sensitive shaving elements adapt to every facial contour and the specialised Micro Grip capture more hairs in the first stroke.
- 100% waterproof
- The Braun Series 3 ProSkin is IPX7 certified - it could be submerged in 5 meter deep water without a problem. Which means you can comfortably rinse it under running water for easy cleaning.
- LED display: LED display for low charge or battery status. Battery or mains operation, depending on model.
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: 2x powerful rechargeable Ni-MH batteries
- Series 3 ProSkin shavers are rechargeable.
- Running/Charging time: Full charge in 1 hour for 45 min. of shaving time.
- Running/Charging time: 5-min Quick charge is enough for one shave.
- Cordless shaving: Automatic voltage adaptation
- The Smart Plug comes with automatic 100-240 voltage adjustment, so you can use your Braun shaver worldwide when travelling.
- MicroComb technology. Catches and feeds more hair for a faster shave: It features two rows of fine, evenly spaced grooves that surround an independently moving middle trimmer. This catches and feeds more hair with every stroke, which gives you a faster shave.
- Triple Action Cutting System: Twin foils and an integrated middle trimmer shave progressively closer. Together they effectively cuts both long and short hairs with every stroke, proven even on difficult 3-day beards.
- 2x SensoFoil: Specially designed to deliver an efficient close shave and a gentle skin experience.
- Middle trimmer: Easily cuts even longer and more difficult hair.
- Precision trimmer: Built-in precision
- The extra large precision trimmer on the back is ideal for shaping sideburns or trimming beards prior to shaving: Triple Action Cutting System. Triple Action FreeFloat System.
- Three independently moving cutting elements adapt to every facial contour and guarantee a smooth shaving experience.
- Rubber grip Great handling: The ergonomic grip with iconic Braun rubber dot pattern provides secure handling, even in wet bathroom conditions or when you rinse your shaver under running water.
- Shave wet or dry: You can use the Series 3 ProSkin with water, foam or gel for even better gliding and a smoother skin feeling. Plus you can even shave in the shower.
Daddy liked the look of this shaver as it is very attractive to the eye. It's a nice size so that it sits comfortably in the hand. It's fast charging and very powerful giving you a clean cut shave. The protector cap and smart charger are great for taking it safely out and about with you and the cleaning brush is great for cleaning it after each use. Daddy commented that he'd be happy if he received one for these for Valentine's Day as it's a gift that will be loved and used every day, time and time again. So forget buying chocolates or teddy bears, why not buy your loved one a new shaver this year, he might love it more than you'd think. The Braun Series 3 will cost you £99 but it's a good shaver that's built to last so it could be worth the money if you have a partner who does shave and trim every day of the week.
We loved both of the razors and think they'd make great alternative Valentine's Day gifts.
Disclosure: I received my Braun and Gillette samples in return for an honest review.