Just 150ml Counts as One of your Five a Day.
Coldpress Juices are 'cold pressured’ rather than pasteurised with heat (unlike most juices), meaning substantially more essential vitamins and nutrients, as well as antioxidants and polyphenols, are preserved. It also means the flavour of the fruit is kept intact resulting in a delicious range of drinks with stand out fruitiness. Coldpress juices are an excellent way of ensuring you get all the vitamins and nutrients you need to keep yourself in tip top shape.
Why should you choose Cold Press Juices, Here’s why:
- In terms of sugar - all juices contain naturally occurring sugars but because Cold press juices are 'cold pressured’ (rather than being brutally pasteurised with heat) they preserve substantially more of the essential nutrients found in juices.
- What that means is that you can drink less Coldpress juice to get your recommended daily intake of vitamins.
- Coldpress orange juice provides you with 100% more Vitamin C than its pasteurised rivals, while Coldpress apple juice also contains twice as many antioxidants and polyphenols as its pasteurised rivals!
- Coldpress recommends a portion of 150ml a day of juice - which counts as one of your five a day, as drinking more doesn’t alter this.
- By choosing a juice that is nutritionally dense like Coldpress, you are simply able to get better 'health-value’ for your portion.
- In other words, they are ‘nutritionally-dense’.
- We know that many people struggle to consume the recommended 5 a day, so having one juice at breakfast, for example, remains an easy way to help reach the daily target.
Last week I was sent two of their Juices from their ranges to try: Berry Beets and Fruity Greens. Both looked a little interesting but I was willing to give them a try, why not.
Berry Beets contains: Apple Juice, Apple Puree, Raspberry Puree, Beetroot Puree, Pear Puree and Lemon Juice Each bottle contains 500ml which means you can get a good 3 portions of the recommended 150ml out of each one. I like the idea that you can drink less of it and still get your daily recommended amount of goodness. So if you're like me and don't really enjoy drinking 'healthy' drinks then these are the perfect choice as you only have to drink 150ml's of it a day which is much easier to swallow in one sitting.
The juice is nice and thick like a thick smoothie but it does have a smooth texture as there are no bits in it. It's not that bad, taste wise actually. It just tasted like mixed berries, you couldn't really taste the beetroot too much which I was really happy about as I'm not a fan.
Fruity Greens contains: Apple Juice, Apple Puree, Celery, Banana Puree, Kiwi Fruit Pure, Kale Juice, Spinach Juice and Lime Juice. I didn't like this one as much as I did the Berry one but it was Ok I guess. The apples and bananas break up the veggie taste which is a good thing as I don't like too vegetables so drinking this is the only way I'm ever going to get any inside my stomach. Both of the drinks were drinkable and actually tasted quite nice.
Cold Press Juices come in a wide range of flavours, there's lots to choose from. What ever fruits of vegetables you like best, i'm sure they'll have a juice full of it. With only 63 Calories per serving (150ml) they're great for an after gym session or work out top up of goodness.
Disclosure: I received my Cold Press samples in return for an honest review.